PhotographyMedia.com
Forum|Journal|Gallery|Contact|Site map| About  

Dewdrops in the Garden with the Prophet.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author: eleven eleven

Montreal

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 

Dewdrops in the Garden with the Prophet.....

From The Garden of the Prophet:
And on a morning when the sky was yet pale with dawn, they walked all together in the Garden and looked unto the East and were silent in the presence of the rising sun.
And after a while Almustafa pointed with his hand, and said: "The image of the morning sun in a dewdrop is not less than the sun. The reflection of life in your soul is not less than life.
"The dewdrop mirrors the light because it is one with light, and you reflect life because you and life are one.
"When darkness is upon you, say: 'This darkness is dawn not yet born; and though night's travail be full upon me, yet shall dawn be born unto me even as unto the hills.'
"The dewdrop rounding its sphere in the dusk of the lily is not unlike yourself gathering your soul in the heart of God.
"Shall a dewdrop say: 'But once in a thousand years I am a dewdrop,' speak you and answer it saying: 'Know you not that the light of all the years is shining in your circle?' "

Kahlil Gibran is of the wisest poets/philosphers/artists to ever come my way. This passage is taken from the companion to his world famous book. His words may indeed take many life times to truly be appreciated...

Last edited by eleven eleven on Wed Dec 17, 2008; edited 1 time in total

Montreal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 

More of Gibran's words online

Here is a website with a good amount of work by Gibran......including some of his visual art pieces.....enjoy!

Montreal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 

Another website dedicated to Gibran

This site features his writtings, artwork, biography, and more:

leb.net/gibran/
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1